- Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
- In the console tree, click Event Viewer.
The Application, Security, and System logs are displayed in the Event Viewer window.
- Click the log that contains the event that you want to view.
- In the details pane, double-click the event that you want to view.
- The Event Properties dialog box containing header information and a description of the event is displayed.