- Click Start, point to Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Data Sources(ODBC).
- Click the System DSN tab, and then click Add.
- Click the database driver that corresponds with the database type to which you are connecting, and then click Finish.
- Type the data source name. Make sure that you choose a name that you can remember. You will need to use this name later.
- Click Select.
- Click the correct database, and then click OK.
- Click OK, and then click OK.