If you want to save your files to your hard drive, so after a format you dont have to download them all again, here's How:
- Logon to Windows Update.
- Choose Windows Update Catalogue (left hand pane).
- Choose Find updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems (right hand pane).
- Choose your version and language then Search.
- Choose one the following:
- Critical Updates and Service Packs.
- Service Packs and Recommended Downloads.
- Multi-Language Features (0).
- Once chosen simply click on what you want to download and then back at the top click Review Download Basket.
- You are taken to the next page where at the top you can specify where the downloads are to be saved.
- Click Download now. Each patch will make a directory under the root of the folder you saved them to.
Once finished you need to go to where you saved the file (s) to and then simply install all your patches.