Open Printers and Faxes.
- Double-click Add Printer to start the Add Printer Wizard, and then click Next.
- Click Local printer, clear the Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer check box, and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish setting up the printer by selecting a printer port, selecting the manufacturer and model of your printer, and typing a name for your printer.
- When the Add Printer Wizard prompts you to select the printer port, click Create a new port.
- From the list, click the appropriate port type and follow the instructions. (By default, only Local Port and Standard TCP/IP Port appear in the list.)