To configure remote access, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, click System.
- On the System page, click Remote Settings in the left pane. This opens the System Properties dialog box to the Remote tab.
- To disable Remote Desktop, select Don’t Allow Connections To This Computer, and then click OK.Skip the remaining steps.
- To enable Remote Desktop, you have two options. You can:
Select Allow Connections From Computers Running Any Version Of Remote Desktop to allow connections from any version of Windows.
Select Allow Connections Only From Computers Running Remote Desktop With Network Level Authentication to allow connections only from Windows 7 or later computers (and computers with secure network authentication).
- Click Select Users. This displays the Remote Desktop Users dialog box.
- To grant Remote Desktop access to a user, click Add. This opens the Select Users dialog box. In the Select Users dialog box, click Locations to select the computer or domain in which the users you want to work with are located. Type the name of a user you want to work with in the Enter The Object Names To Select field, and then click Check Names. If matches are found, select the account you want to use and then click OK. If no matches are found, update the name you entered and try searching again. Repeat this step as necessary, and then click OK.
- To revoke remote access permissions for a user account, select the account and then click Remove.
- Click OK twice when you have finished.