HTML Hyper Text Markup Language
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the main markup
language for displaying web pages and other
information that can be displayed in a web browser.
HTML is written in the form of HTML elements
consisting of tags enclosed in angle brackets (like <html>),
within the web page content.
HTML tags most commonly come in pairs like <h1> and </h1>,
although some tags, known as empty elements, are unpaired, for example <img>.
The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the end tag
(they are also called opening tags and closing tags).
In between these tags web designers can add text, tags,
comments and other types of text-based content.
HTML is a language for describing web pages.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML is a markup language
- A markup language is a set of markup tags
- The tags describes document content
- HTML documents contain HTML tags and plain text
- HTML documents are also called web pages
HTML markup tags are usually called HTML tags
- HTML tags are keywords (tag names) surrounded by angle brackets like <html>
- HTML tags normally come in pairs like <b> and </b>
- The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the
second tag is the end tag
- The end tag is written like the start tag, with a forward slash
before the tag name
- Start and end tags are also called opening tags and closing